Over the past three years we’ve built a specialist team who know what it takes to deploy clinical tools in practice - engineers, clinicians, translational researchers and more. In that time, we’ve also made major advances in healthcare AI research: detecting eye disease more quickly and accurately than experts; planning cancer radiotherapy treatment in seconds rather than hours; and working to detect patient deterioration from electronic records.
Our vision is for Streams to now become an AI-powered assistant for nurses and doctors everywhere - combining the best algorithms with intuitive design, all backed up by rigorous evidence. The team working within Google, alongside brilliant colleagues from across the organisation, will help make this vision a reality.
We are looking for a highly talented and driven individuals who want to be part of an exceptional team, work in an inspiring and collaborative environment, and join a company focused on ground-breaking technology with potentially extraordinary impact.
Our Security team works to create and maintain the safest operating environment for our users and developers. As a Security Engineer, you help protect network boundaries, keep computer systems and network devices hardened against attacks and provide security services to protect highly sensitive data like passwords and patient data. Security Engineers work hands-on with network equipment to build and improve a comprehensive monitoring solution for our infrastructure against attacks and intrusions. You also work with software engineers to proactively identify and fix security flaws and vulnerabilities.
You use your industry experience to own and drive the resolution of complex security incidents, policy questions and technical security issues.
Security Engineers work on a broad set of efforts focusing on scaling and automating security infrastructure and processes. We contribute to open source software, conduct applied research, and implement novel technologies and architecture to deal with enterprise security across a diversity of computing platforms such as mobile and cloud.
Our security engineers aim to bring the best of technology to help solve real world problems. Whether working on our cloud systems, researching the latest in computer technology or keeping internal systems secure, our internal team and users alike rely on us to keep things running. We're back-end experts: protecting your privacy and ensuring your security.
- Design infrastructure and drive its implementation to protect networks and systems
- Build security tools and processes for critical infrastructure protection, monitoring and remediation
- Provide security expertise and guidance to a diverse set of Google engineering and business teams
- Conduct security reviews of core corporate and production infrastructure.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- Relevant work experience in security
- Coding experience in one or more general purpose languages
- Experience with attacks and mitigation methods. Experience working in two or more of the following: Network protocols and secure network design; Operating system internals and hardening (e.g. Windows, Linux, OS X, iOS); Web application and browser security; Security assessments and penetration testing; Authentication and access control; Applied cryptography and security protocols; Security monitoring and intrusion detection, Incident response and forensics; Development of security tools, automation, or frameworks.
- Master's degree in Computer Science or a related field.
We welcome applications from all sections of society. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis as protected by applicable law. If you have a disability or additional need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.