This is a rare opportunity to join a phenomenal team of people in a mission driven company. Our organisation has a start-up entrepreneurial culture but operates within a large, high profile global company making us uniquely collaborative and mission focussed, as well as highly ambitious.
The overall purpose of the role is to ensure seamless delivery of first class events for DeepMind. Reporting directly to the Events Manager, you will oversee a range of projects from facilitating team offsites to delivering live events. Our unique culture plays a huge part at DeepMind, and we strive to reflect this in all our events.
We’re looking for a highly talented and driven individual who wants to be part of an exceptional team, in an inspiring and collaborative environment, working on ground-breaking technology with potentially extraordinary impact. You’ll be working with some of the best and brightest minds which takes skill, enthusiasm and an exceptional attention to detail.
Founded by Demis Hassabis, Mustafa Suleyman and Shane Legg in 2010, DeepMind’s Mission is to solve intelligence and then use it to make the world a better place.
At DeepMind we've created a unique environment where long-term ambitious research can flourish. Our world-class interdisciplinary team combines the best techniques from deep learning, reinforcement learning and systems neuroscience to build powerful general-purpose learning algorithms. We have already made a number of high profile breakthroughs towards building artificial general intelligence and now have all the ingredients in place to make further significant progress over the coming years.
Due to continued growth we’re now looking for an Event Specialist to take the lead on a range of events, working alongside Event Specialists and Event Coordinators.
To date, DeepMind events have been innovative, industry leading and globally acclaimed. Whether wowing employees with DeepMind’s next internal event or putting DeepMind in front of a global audience, you will have the creative freedom and backing to think big and execute meticulously. This is your chance to help shape, evolve and make DeepMind events even better. The bar is high, but it can always be raised.
As a DeepMind Events Specialist, you will service internal teams with events strategy, management and operations. This role will fit someone with excellent project management skills and experience in managing end-to-end event processes.
- Lead on planning, developing, managing and implementing all events for DeepMind
- Work with the Events Manager to deliver the events programme and support the delivery of DeepMind’s objectives
- Manage and take responsibility for the logistics of all events, including: venue finding, concept development, budget management, event production, communications management, site selection, negotiations, contracting, vendor selection, registration, and program implementation
- Develop and manage the event programme by identifying new events and evolving the format of existing events
- Keep up to date information and knowledge on venues including; prices, attendee capacities and contacts
- Provide feedback summaries, outlining improvements that can be made, ensuring future events continue to evolve
- Ensure events run to schedule by managing event timetables
- Cultivate internal relationships, communicating with senior leaders, stakeholders, and managing external partners and vendors
- Onsite management including international travel
- Ensuring events are compliant
You’ll be a motivated, friendly and approachable individual with solid events experience, who wants to work for a flourishing company with events playing an integral part to its success. You should be a strong all-round events professional with great project management skills and a good understanding of all aspects of event management. As the lead person on-site at an event you must be calm and overcome obstacles using experience and initiative.
- Proven experience in managing your own projects from end to end
- Working knowledge of on site operations
- Strong ability to build project plans and budgets
- Exceptional organisational skills
- Meticulous attention to detail on creative and planning elements
- Excellent negotiation skills and an understanding of contractual agreements with vendors and venues
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Flexibility to travel as needed
DeepMind welcomes applications from all sections of society. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis as protected by applicable law. If you have a disability or additional need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.