This is a rare opportunity to join a phenomenal team of people in a complex, mission driven company. We are looking for an ambitious person, with a passion for enabling exceptional individuals to join our unique people-first business.
Our teams purpose is to both cultivate and optimize our exceptional talent and build a values driven, highly effective and healthy organization and culture; an organization where world class research and creativity flourish and doing great work that contributes to our mission, is everyone’s number one focus. we provide innovative support and leadership, minimise distractions and empower the wider team to focus on their work and our overall mission.
In this project delivery role, you will be responsible for managing and delivering a wide variety of projects and programs alongside our People and Culture Partners. You’ll ensure projects and programs are carried out in a way that is optimal for achieving our desired outcomes. You’ll help to identify areas to improve, and define and implement solutions. You’ll also provide support to Partners and the Head of People and Culture to increase communication and collaboration across the team, and to enable and ensure effective and efficient work practices.
Our organisation has a start-up entrepreneurial culture but operates within a large, high profile global company - so you will need to be flexible and ready for anything.This is the dream role for someone who thrives in fast paced, changeable environments and is looking to define their career within a company that could change the world.
At DeepMind we've created a unique environment for long-term ambitious research to flourish in. Our world-class interdisciplinary team combines the best techniques from deep learning, reinforcement learning and systems neuroscience to build powerful general-purpose learning algorithms. We have already made a number of high profile breakthroughs towards general AI and we now have all the ingredients in place to make further significant progress over the coming years. We are looking for highly talented and driven individuals who want to be part of an exceptional team, in an inspiring and collaborative environment, working on ground-breaking technology with potentially extraordinary impact.
- You have solid experience operating in HR, L+D or recruitment, preferably some of which was in a small but fast growing business
- You have an understanding of project management principles/methodologies or proven experience delivering projects and programs
- You are extremely organised and used to juggling different priorities, whilst at the same time ensuring impeccable attention to detail. Comfortable context switching regularly, you’re proactive and see what needs to be done - no task is too big or too small.
- You are comfortable with ambiguity and enjoy changeable environments where you can implement creative and innovative ideas.
- You are an effective advisor and coach, you enjoy working closely with individuals to develop their skills and enhance team performance.
- You are able to act with confidence in a high performance culture, instilling trust in everyone you interact with, delivering well thought through systematic solutions.
- You have a natural ability to build relationships with people; you enjoy spending time with people and have a strong sense of empathy.
- You are resourceful and enjoy managing your own work and projects. You enjoy operating independently but love being part of a highly supportive and collaborative team.
- You are an excellent communicator adept at informing and influencing positive change. You share information, facilitate ways for others to do so, and understand that succeed or fail, we do so as a team.
- You enjoy learning and are naturally curious. You have the ability to work across a range of different subjects with ease, quickly gaining the knowledge you need to be effective.
- You are looking for the career defining role and are ready to commit to this long term mission. The chance to be a key part of something extraordinary, the opportunity to make a real difference.
You will need to use your previous experience and show initiative in order to fully carve out your contribution in this role. You will be mentored and managed by the Head of People and Culture and work closely with the People & Culture and Learning Partners on a daily basis. You will work alongside the People and Culture Operations team, as well as the wider “people and culture” focussed teams including Recruitment, Onboarding & Compensation.
- Plan, support or have oversight of projects and programs for the People and Culture team, ensuring a people-centric approach which scales as we continue to grow.
- Using an analytical mindset, and the ability to grasp and define complicated concepts and complex situations, implement scalable and practical solutions with clearly defined objectives and direction
- Manage the delivery of cyclical People & Culture programs such as performance management and employee engagement surveys, partnering with relevant team members.
- Understand the principles of change management and build these into the delivery of new projects or the evolution of existing programs.
- Create and maintain appropriate reports and tracking mechanisms to provide stakeholders with timely updates and other relevant information. Take responsibility for ensuring actions are completed and resolve issues to ensure positive momentum.
- Provide proactive support and act as a key advisor to the Head of People and Culture and the People Team Delivery and Change Partner.
- Facilitate communication and collaboration to foster a high performing team
- Provide organisational and administrative support (e.g. organising meetings etc) to facilitate success.
- Liaise with central Google/Alphabet teams as necessary to facilitate the smooth running of the organisation.
DeepMind welcomes applications from all sections of society. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis as protected by applicable law. If you have a disability or additional need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.