Role: Product Manager
Salary: Competitive salary applies
DeepMind - Applied
Our Applied group works with teams at DeepMind and Google to bring the best available technologies to address some of the world’s most pressing and complex challenges. We work in fields from healthcare to energy efficiency to Google products used by millions around the world, collaborating with experts on research and tools to support and improve their work.
DeepMind Health work with hospitals on mobile tools and AI research to help get patients from test to treatment as quickly and accurately as possible. Data security and appropriate handling of data is a top priority for our team and our interdisciplinary team of computer scientists and clinical researchers work closely together with hospitals to identify and solve the tasks that make a real difference.
This role is specifically on the research arm of DeepMind Health, working on projects such as our collaboration with Moorfields Eye Hospital, University College London Hospital, Cancer Research UK and the Veterans’ Affairs.
We’ve already made a number of high profile breakthroughs in AI, and following our acquisition by Google in 2014 have all the ingredients in place to make further significant progress over the coming years. This combination of applied research & real world products, help us work towards the safe & ethical deployment of AI technologies, in order to make the world a better place.
We’re a close-knit family of product & project managers, designers, user researchers, computer scientists, academic researchers, engineers and clinicians. We’ve all made significant commitments to our health work, and are committed to working together for the long term. We aim for psychological safety, dependability, empowerment, diversity & inclusion. Some of us are fresh out of university, while others helped design the protocol that served you this very page.
As a product manager you are responsible for delivering excellent products for users. In DeepMind Health the research team focuses on building deep learning solutions to real clinical problems. You’re responsibilities will include identifying opportunities, designing solutions, and driving project requirements and definition to ensure the research has valuable real-world impact. You will work closely with experts in machine learning, clinical research, and engineering, among many others. You will help steer the project vision, align teams and find solutions no matter the problem.
- Drive the applicability of machine learning research in health
- Identify and design solutions to clinical problems using machine learning
- Collaborate with experts to translate research into product and project requirements
- Act as a product evangelist to build awareness and understanding
- Drive execution towards product and research launches
- Proven experience in product management
- Proven experience on applied machine learning projects, or data-led product features
- Solid technical background and understanding of software development
- Excellent problem solving skills and keen to muck-in
- Excellent collaborative skills to enable impact from cross-functional teams
- Excellent communication skills
Preferred skills and experience
- Theoretical understanding of machine learning
- Experience with machine learning in healthcare or related bioinformatics projects
- Experience leading external partnership research projects
- Experience taking research projects to successful product launches/landings throughout its lifecycle
- MS/BS in computer science, engineering, science or related topic
DeepMind welcomes applications from all sections of society. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis as protected by applicable law. If you have a disability or additional need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.
Opening Date: 1st November 2018
Closing Date: 30th November 2018