DeepMind Finance Manager
In this role, you will be responsible for ongoing FP&A support for DeepMind. You will partner with product, engineering, business development and other cross-finance teams in driving strategic decisions and ongoing operations. You will lead the planning, reporting, and analysis needs of the business, and manage your product’s P&L, and other financial reports. You will act as head of FP&A for DeepMind partnering closely with the project lead and senior finance leaders across Alphabet. You are enthusiastic and a self-starter, wanting to design new and enhance existing processes; scoping, designing, and implementing new and scalable processes to support growth for your project.
- Bachelor's in Finance, Accounting or economics.
- Minimum 8 years of relevant experience in finance, management consulting, corporate strategy or similar environment.
- Experience supporting cutting-edge research organisations, especially in the field of machine learning
- Postgraduate degree and/or CPA/CFA & prior CFO experience a plus.
- An understanding of Alphabet and/or Google finance infrastructures is extremely beneficial.
- Distinctive problem solving and analysis skills, combined with impeccable business judgement, leadership skills, and ability to communicate with a senior management team.
- Working knowledge of financial reporting and basic accounting concepts (e.g. revenue recognition, asset capitalization, accrual)
- Experience with finance systems (e.g. Oracle, Hyperion, Netsuite) and processes (e.g. purchasing, deal review, payroll)
- Ability to self-start and self-direct work in an unstructured environment, and comfortable dealing with ambiguity Database and reporting experience including proficiency in SQL across a standard commercial database platform (e.g Oracle, MySQL)
- Serve as the head of FP&A for DeepMind
- Drive visibility into business performance and resource planning decisions and define / evaluate go-to-market strategies.
- Review contractual agreements (both pre-sales and post-sales), and provide feedback and finance guidance to cross-functional teams.
- Design, train teams in and establish new finance processes according to the changing needs of the business and drive alignment across Alphabet Finance teams
Salary: Competitive salary applies
Opening date: 1st October, 2018
Closing date: 29th October, 2018