Role: Product Manager
Location: London, UK
Salary: Competitive salary applies
DeepMind - Applied
Our Applied group works with teams at DeepMind and Google to bring the best available technologies to address some of the world’s most pressing and complex challenges. We work in fields from healthcare to energy efficiency to Google products used by millions around the world, collaborating with experts on research and tools to support and improve their work.
In healthcare, we work on a wide range of projects from groundbreaking machine learning research through to our flagship mobile application Streams. This next generation of clinical software is already being used in hospitals where it’s helping clinicians provide care to their patients now, while also laying the framework to apply DeepMind’s AI research in future.
We’ve already made a number of high profile breakthroughs in AI, and following our acquisition by Google in 2014 have all the ingredients in place to make further significant progress over the coming years. This combination of applied research & real world products, help us work towards the safe & ethical deployment of AI technologies, in order to make the world a better place.
We’re a close-knit family of product & project managers, designers, user researchers, computer scientists, academic researchers, engineers and clinicians. We’ve all made significant commitments to our health work, and are committed to working together for the long term. We aim for psychological safety, dependability, empowerment, diversity & inclusion. Some of us are fresh out of university, while others helped design the protocol that served you this very page.
In DeepMind Health, our products are key to how we bring intelligent healthcare solutions to the world and our Product Management team helps to shape the future of those products. As a Product Manager, you will use your product expertise to collaborate across Strategy, Engineering, Design, Clinical, Regulatory and Deployment. You will be able to understand our user and customer problems and help communicate these to produce innovative and user focussed solutions. Through your leadership and planning skills, you will keep your teams aligned to the product vision and goals, guarding product excellence and inspiring stakeholders and users
- A Product manager focuses on delivering excellent products for users. They act as a bridge between customers, design and engineering.
- Works with product strategy and sales teams to help define a value proposition.
- Is required to work in a complex health domain, working cross-functionally to ensure the needs of both users and regulators are upheld
- Shares the values for Deepmind Health
- Passionate about putting users first in creating digital health products
- Considerate of clinical safety and the impact on patients in all decisions
- Works in high energy environments and teams that allow all to input to product
- Driven to make a difference in healthcare through the appropriate use of technologies
- Contribute to the product vision and direction for individual products or components of products
- Work with the Strategy team to contribute to the roadmap for DeepMind Health’s products
- Carry out competitor analysis for targeted product market segments as appropriate
- Communicate product direction, developments and responses to national statutory requirements to key stakeholders to define a consensus across multiple teams
- Utilise agile product management practices to
- discover, plan and gather feedback on product and features
- define and refine requirements
- prioritise product backlogs
- manage incoming product change requests
- measure and report on feature and product use
- identify and remove blockers and unknowns
Work alongside user experience team
- to define user research and uncover insights across multiple projects
- define user journeys and analysis
- participate in design exercises and refinement
- to identify opportunities to incorporate measures of success
Work alongside the engineering team and program management teams
- to help plan approach and implementation of features in multiple projects
- to help prioritise engineering tasks
- to ensure user value is delivered in increments
- to communicate any relevant non-functional requirements or technical considerations
- to provide knowledge and expertise during support requests
- to provide support for Program Management and customers during product implementation
- To help resolve blockers to progression
Working alongside the clinical team
- To gather and utilise expert domain knowledge
- To support communications and engagement with clinical representatives during the product lifecycle
- To support the clinical team in demonstrating and championing the product
- Review clinical safety risks and incidents
- Review Information Governance risks and incidents
- Proven work experience in product management or significantly influencing digital products for more than 5 years
- Experience of working with agile product management practices
- Experience of working with User Experience teams and methods, in particular user centered design
- Proven track record of managing a successful product throughout its lifecycle
- Proven ability to effectively communicate recommendations to executive management
- Solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in software development, mobile and web technologies
- Strong problem solving skills and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job done
- Skilled at working effectively with cross functional teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience of healthcare digital product of more than 5 years or clinical experience in health with significant digital product input of over 5 years
DeepMind welcomes applications from all sections of society. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis as protected by applicable law. If you have a disability or additional need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.