Role: Clinical Informatician - DeepMind Health
Location: London, United Kingdom
Salary: Competitive salary applies
DeepMind - Applied
Our Applied group works with teams at DeepMind and Google to bring the best available technologies to address some of the world’s most pressing and complex challenges. We work in fields from healthcare to energy efficiency to Google products used by millions around the world, collaborating with experts on research and tools to support and improve their work.
In healthcare, we work on a wide range of projects from groundbreaking machine learning research through to our flagship mobile application Streams. This next generation of clinical software is already being used in hospitals where it’s helping clinicians provide care to their patients now, while also laying the framework to apply DeepMind’s AI research in future.
We’ve already made a number of high profile breakthroughs in AI, and following our acquisition by Google in 2014 have all the ingredients in place to make further significant progress over the coming years. This combination of applied research & real world products, help us work towards the safe & ethical deployment of AI technologies, in order to make the world a better place.
We’re a close-knit family of product & project managers, designers, user researchers, computer scientists, academic researchers, engineers and clinicians. We’ve all made significant commitments to our health work, and are committed to working together for the long term. We aim for psychological safety, dependability, empowerment, diversity & inclusion. Some of us are fresh out of university, while others helped design the protocol that served you this very page.
DeepMind Health seeks a Clinical Informatician to join our team as we ensure the interoperability of our clinical products, the ways in which we record and store clinical data, and the applicability of our machine learning models in real-world deployment. DeepMind's aim is to build AI technologies and prove that they could have positive social impact. DeepMind Health is central to this social mission. We work with hospitals on mobile tools and AI research to help get patients from test to treatment as quickly and accurately as possible.
- Work with the existing clinical team at DeepMind Health across both the Streams clinical apps programme and applied health research
- Partner with the DeepMind clinical team, designers, engineers, researchers to ensure that our work is driven by input from doctors, nurses and patients. Take an active part in our regular design, engineering and clinical safety meetings to provide clinical informatics expertise
- Bring clinical informatic insight and expertise to produce safe and intuitive solutions to the storage, transmission and display of clinical information
- Learn what it takes to build user-centred digital health solutions that meet the highest standards of data security, transparency and clinical safety
- Drive the development and implementation of clinical informatics standards and their use both in ensuring the interoperability of our digital solutions but also in our machine learning research
- Join meetings with senior stakeholders across clinical, technology and policy communities and learn about barriers and drivers of digital health innovation
- Support the Trust, Privacy & Security team in clinical aspects of the development of Verifiable Data Audit
- MD/primary medical qualification or significant work or research experience in a clinical environment
- If clinical, experience as a Senior House Officer/PGY2 resident or above in clinical practice in any medical speciality either in primary or secondary care
- MSc in Health/Clinical Informatics or equivalent industry experience
- Clinical terminology and coding essential
- Digital health product development preferred
- Extraction, de-identification, cleaning, labeling, and curation of datasets for machine learning
- Basic computer programming and/or algorithm development experience preferred
- Working with cross disciplinary teams
- Experience using Python and TensorFlow
- Experience in Agile development processes
DeepMind welcomes applications from all sections of society. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis as protected by applicable law. If you have a disability or additional need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.