Role: Clinical Advisor
Salary: Competitive salary applies
DeepMind - Applied
Our Applied group works with teams at DeepMind and Google to bring the best available technologies to address some of the world’s most pressing and complex challenges. We work in fields from healthcare to energy efficiency to Google products used by millions around the world, collaborating with experts on research and tools to support and improve their work.
We’ve already made a number of high profile breakthroughs in AI, and following our acquisition by Google in 2014 have all the ingredients in place to make further significant progress over the coming years. This combination of applied research & real world products, help us work towards the safe & ethical deployment of AI technologies, in order to make the world a better place.
We’re a close-knit family of product & project managers, designers, user researchers, computer scientists, academic researchers, engineers and clinicians. We’ve all made significant commitments to our health work, and are committed to working together for the long term. We aim for psychological safety, dependability, empowerment, diversity & inclusion. Some of us are fresh out of university, while others helped design the protocol that served you this very page.
As a Clinical Advisor you are a clinical safety and professional standards advocate who is keen to ensure the development and implementation of high quality, clinically safe and appropriate DeepMind Health products. In this role you will be an effective and influential contributor to product development, utilising your excellent listening and communication skills to appropriately shape the content and design of products. You are highly experienced in working cross functionally, ideally with experience in working with non clinical teams such as IT software design, engineering and product management teams. You will have a demonstrable background working as a senior healthcare professional in your field with recognised expertise in clinical care preferably in the acute care setting. Ideally you have experience in either clinical software development and/ or clinical systems deployment within acute care settings.
- Provides advice, insights and direction on clinical practice, workflow, culture, variation in practice, patient care processes and outcomes relevant to our product aims and feature development.
- Supports the effective and timely evaluation, interpretation and translation of relevant national guidance, best practice and clinical evidence that impacts on products and features.
- Supports the timely consideration of change management and enhancement requests (internal and external) providing relevant insights and clinical information and recommendations as required.
- Supports the development and technical deployment teams in gaining greater awareness of clinical and professional users needs particularly where variation in practice exists or changes in care standards or processes exist.
- Contributes to the development of relevant documentation including product requirement documents, user guides & training materials.
- Acts as an internal clinical advisor to relevant clinical implementation projects working alongside the Client PgM and Clinical Implementation Specialist.
- Supports the Clinical Safety Officer in gathering evidence for the Clinical Safety Management Plan, File and Report.
- Participates in the Incident Management On Call team and process providing clinical expertise in the immediate assessment of incident (clinical impact perspective), rapid response action and investigations where required.
- Responds to the needs of the business and projects prioritising effort effectively. This may require leading on certain projects and contributing to others.
- You are a clinical professional (doctor, nurse, physiotherapist) with clinical experience.
- You have experience working in fast-paced, constantly-changing, creative and dynamic environment and be able to ‘hit the ground running’.
- You have a proven track record working within acute clinical settings and recognised as a ‘go to’ person in your field/ area of work.
- You have experience of working with and advising cross functional teams with a demonstrable ability to positively influence others effectively.
- Your decision making is balanced, evidence based and regarded as clinically sound. Your decisions are based on both your own skill, knowledge and expertise and through seeking the views and perspectives of relevant peers to achieve consensus and avoids reliance on personal opinion.
- You are enthusiastic about engaging our end users and clients ensuring their needs and perspectives are well understood and able to work collaboratively with our Client PgM and Implementation Specialist team ensuring consistency in messages and approach.
- You have exceptional written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- You have experience in proactively coordinating individuals and teams for maximum productivity.
- You are highly organised, with the ability to juggle multiple priorities and switch context very quickly.
- You are flexible, adaptable, and highly responsive to the needs of the project, team and external partners.
- You have a realistic, pragmatic approach to advising projects for product solutions.
- You are willing to proactively build your knowledge and expertise in a number of areas.
DeepMind welcomes applications from all sections of society. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis as protected by applicable law. If you have a disability or additional need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.