Role: Implementation Specialist
Salary: Competitive salary applies
DeepMind - Applied
DeepMind’s Applied Group focuses on using the best available technologies, together with our own research, to address some of the world’s most pressing and complex challenges. We work in fields from healthcare to energy efficiency, collaborating with experts to build tools to support and improve their work. Collaborating with Google teams, we also apply our cutting edge research to products used by millions of people around the world. These real world applications of AI technology help us work towards one of DeepMind’s purposes - to use intelligence to make the world a better place.
Our Applied group works with teams at DeepMind and Google to bring the best available technologies to address some of the world’s most pressing and complex challenges. We work in fields from healthcare to energy efficiency to Google products used by millions around the world, collaborating with experts on research and tools to support and improve their work.
We’ve already made a number of high profile breakthroughs in AI, and following our acquisition by Google in 2014 have all the ingredients in place to make further significant progress over the coming years. This combination of applied research & real world products, help us work towards the safe & ethical deployment of AI technologies, in order to make the world a better place.
We’re a close-knit family of product & project managers, designers, user researchers, computer scientists, academic researchers, engineers and clinicians. We’ve all made significant commitments to our health work, and are committed to working together for the long term. We aim for psychological safety, dependability, empowerment, diversity & inclusion. Some of us are fresh out of university, while others helped design the protocol that served you this very page.
As an Implementation Specialist you are a customer service advocate who is keen to ensure the smooth running of the DeepMind Health products. You are an effective problem solver with excellent listening and communication skills and have an excellent background in the technical deployment and clinical implementation of mobile healthcare solutions working both with internal teams and with external Partners.
This role would suit someone who thrives in hands on, fast-paced, changeable environments and is looking to define their career within a company that could change the world.
The Implementation Specialist role has two core strands - Deployment & Implementation and People.
Deployment & Implementation
- Provide ‘Onboarding sites’ with direct on-site implementation support and advice on transitioning from current systems to Streams
- Supports client/partner in completion of the Streams Clinical configuration specification during onboarding, or delivery of “new to client” configurable functionality.
- Supports client/partner development of training and implementation plans, and plans and delivers training/training materials to client/partner training leads
- Provides client/partner support for ‘new site’ go-lives and implementation of ‘new to client functionality’
- Attend client/partners project/programme boards; operational and/or topic specific ‘ad hoc’ meetings
- In collaboration with the Programme Manager, monitor and report regularly on progress to the Deployment, Implementation and Support Services Lead
- Promote best practice across customer sites whilst maintaining client confidentiality.
- Support customer site software acceptance testing
- During the initial deployment, and implementation phases, identify and proactively manage risks and issues associated with the project, escalating these to the Programme Manager
- Act as the primary escalation point for customer escalations once software has been deployed to production and during implementation, escalating internally to the Deployment, Implementation and Support Service Lead (DISS Lead)
- Liaison point between Deepmind Health internal pods and client/partners once site is live
- Ensure the DeepMind culture is preserved and reflected in actions of third party when dealing with our customers.
- Ensuring that a customer first approach is maintained and that any issues are resolved swiftly.
- Monitor and report regularly on progress of customer sites to to the DISS Lead.
- Participates in DeepMind Health Incident Management Oncall Team.
- Capable of facilitating collaboration, addressing conflict, and organising both internal teams and third parties
- Facilitating conversations / meeting and challenging the status quo
- Flexible, versatile and non-reactive
- Excellent communication, influencing and negotiating skills
- You will have a minimum of 3 years experience of implementing mobile technology, working in fast-paced, constantly-changing, creative and dynamic environment and be able to ‘hit the ground running’.
- You have a good technical understanding, with demonstrable knowledge of clinical software deployment and clinical implementation processes within acute healthcare organisations; both clinical and IT operations
- You have the ability to work collaboratively at all levels, as part of a team or independently
- You have experience of supporting client/partners in development of implementation and training plans
- You will have exceptional written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- You will have experience in proactively coordinating and providing direction and support to client/partner site project teams
- You are highly organised, with the ability to juggle multiple priorities and switch context very quickly
- You are flexible, adaptable, and highly responsive to the needs of the project, team and wider group
- You are able to demonstrate advanced planning and organisational skills; with the ability to balance multiple projects at varying stages and level of complexity.
- You are pragmatic with a problem solver approach, using sound judgement and your own initiative to identify and manage issues and complex decision making
- You are willing to proactively build knowledge and expertise in a number of areas
- You are willing to roll your sleeves up to achieve what needs to be done
DeepMind welcomes applications from all sections of society. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis as protected by applicable law. If you have a disability or additional need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.