Role: Product Manager
Salary: Competitive salary applies
DeepMind - Applied
DeepMind’s Applied Group focuses on using the best available technologies, together with our own research, to address some of the world’s most pressing and complex challenges. We work in fields from healthcare to energy efficiency, collaborating with experts to build tools to support and improve their work. Collaborating with Google teams, we also apply our cutting edge research to products used by millions of people around the world. These real world applications of AI technology help us work towards one of DeepMind’s purposes - to use intelligence to make the world a better place.
This is a new team within our Transparency and Security division and you will be a founding member. The team’s objective is to identify, influence and build components for an open source infrastructure for secure storage and exchange of data. We focus on encrypted enclaves and remote attestations to verify core properties of the system. The infrastructure will facilitate a wide range of existing services and use cases at large scale.
As a Product Manager you are responsible for delivering an excellent end to end system for users. You will act as a bridge between users, design and engineering to help define a value proposition. You'll be adaptable, approachable, and resourceful in everything you do. Your role will involve exploring opportunities, developing requirements, evolving them with our designers and engineers, and helping guide the project vision, while your people skills will draw teams together, no matter the problem.
- Drive product requirements gathering and definition
- Work with our user experience researchers to define and test user journeys for Oak
- Act as the advocate for the user throughout the product scoping and definition process
- Work closely with the project leads to define the project roadmap
- Work closely with the program manager to manage prioritisation of team milestones and work to support the long term vision for the project
- Act as the voice of the project to external stakeholders, including speaking at summits, conferences, and developer workshops to help with requirements gathering and with building traction for the project as it progresses
- Familiarity with user experience research
- Good understanding of the correct use of cryptography (you do not, however, need to be a cryptographer)
- Familiarity with formal methods
- Operating system/hypervisor experience
- Understanding of enclaves (SGX and related ideas)
- Thinks object capabilities are a good idea
DeepMind welcomes applications from all sections of society. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis as protected by applicable law. If you have a disability or additional need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.