We are looking for a talented and enthusiastic software engineer who is interested in creating and enhancing internal analytics platforms to help inform DeepMind’s senior management and high-level strategy. You will join an exceptional team at a mission-driven company, in an inspiring, collaborative environment, pioneering technology with extraordinary impact.
Using internal and external sources of data, you will build platforms that help establish a better understanding of DeepMind in the context of the broader industry, as well as surface actionable strategic opportunities.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and enhance platforms for ingesting, analysing and visualising company and market data
- Perform statistical analysis on the aforementioned information, potentially extending to the deployment of DeepMind’s cutting-edge machine learning techniques
- Create interactive user interfaces to help senior leaders understand the ongoing status of DeepMind’s operations as well as industry developments
- Gather requirements from all stakeholders: senior leaders, researchers, managers, etc.
- Full-stack experience spanning construction of robust ETL / data pipelines, and the development of associated visualisation tools based on real-world data
- Experience with web application development, including front-end frameworks such as Angular.js
- Knowledge of relevant Google tools (e.g. Spanner, Stubby, protos, GoogleSQL) preferred but not required
- Machine learning experience, ideally with TensorFlow, preferred but not required
- Enthusiastic about developing internal tools that will help DeepMind thrive
- Keen interest in data analytics and firm grounding in statistics
- Excited to work with noisy/messy data and optimistic in the face of challenges
- Eager to make a long-term commitment and contribution to the DeepMind team
Please include a cover letter that details how you would distinctively serve in this role.
Opening date: 14th September, 2018
Closing date: 9th November, 2018
Competitive salary applies
DeepMind welcomes applications from all sections of society. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis as protected by applicable law. If you have a disability or additional need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.