Role: Software Engineer in Test - DeepMind Health
Location: London, United Kingdom
Salary: Competitive salary applies
DeepMind - Applied
Our Applied group works with teams at DeepMind and Google to bring the best available technologies to address some of the world’s most pressing and complex challenges. We work in fields from healthcare to energy efficiency to Google products used by millions around the world, collaborating with experts on research and tools to support and improve their work.
In healthcare, we work on a wide range of projects from groundbreaking machine learning research through to our flagship mobile application Streams. This next generation of clinical software is already being used in hospitals where it’s helping clinicians provide care to their patients now, while also laying the framework to apply DeepMind’s AI research in future.
We’ve already made a number of high profile breakthroughs in AI, and following our acquisition by Google in 2014 have all the ingredients in place to make further significant progress over the coming years. This combination of applied research & real world products, help us work towards the safe & ethical deployment of AI technologies, in order to make the world a better place.
We’re a close-knit family of product & project managers, designers, user researchers, computer scientists, academic researchers, engineers and clinicians. We’ve all made significant commitments to our health work, and are committed to working together for the long term. We aim for psychological safety, dependability, empowerment, diversity & inclusion. Some of us are fresh out of university, while others helped design the protocol that served you this very page.
We’re looking for Test Engineers to join our team, to help us ensure the quality of our iOS & Android applications, our web frontend and the infrastructure that powers Streams. This is an amazing opportunity to work with world class talent and cutting-edge techniques on a project with the potential to make a huge impact in healthcare.
You should be well experienced in supporting other team members in the production of the test specification, test scripts and data, and to be able to execute the tests and record results. As part of preparation and execution, you must be able to communicate issues and observations to support teams, and the wider business, and help manage them through to closure.
- Create, maintain and extend
- Backend test automation infrastructure and tooling
- Development tools
- Demo environments infrastructure and simulators
- Create test documentation - Strategy, design documentation and test reports
- Contribute to our Test Research and Development working group
- Deep knowledge of test methodologies, writing test plans, creating test cases and debugging
- Demonstrate intuition and knowledge about how to break software by finding bugs, and apply this knowledge with measurable result, impacting the quality of the product
- Experience of Agile methodologies (Scrum, TDD, BDD)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- Experience using at least 1 management software (Jira ,TFS, Quality Centre)
- Testing Interfaces (HL7, IATA-type B or industry equivalent)
- Proven ability to deliver testing tasks to a high standard without supervision
- Experience with test automation in Golang, Python or Java
- Extensive knowledge of UNIX/Linux environments
- Experience with SQL and MySQL
- Test consultancy experience
- Experience in testing iOS or Android apps
- Experience of providing 1st line support to production systems
- Experience in Agile environments working with and without supervision
- ISTQB-ISEB - Foundation certificate achieve in conjunction with industry experience
DeepMind welcomes applications from all sections of society. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis as protected by applicable law. If you have a disability or additional need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.