Role: Information Governance Manager - DeepMind Health
Location: London, United Kingdom
Salary: Competitive salary applies
DeepMind - Applied
Our Applied group works with teams at DeepMind and Google to bring the best available technologies to address some of the world’s most pressing and complex challenges. We work in fields from healthcare to energy efficiency to Google products used by millions around the world, collaborating with experts on research and tools to support and improve their work.
In healthcare, we work on a wide range of projects from groundbreaking machine learning research through to our flagship mobile application Streams. This next generation of clinical software is already being used in hospitals where it’s helping clinicians provide care to their patients now, while also laying the framework to apply DeepMind’s AI research in future.
We’ve already made a number of high profile breakthroughs in AI, and following our acquisition by Google in 2014 have all the ingredients in place to make further significant progress over the coming years. This combination of applied research & real world products, help us work towards the safe & ethical deployment of AI technologies, in order to make the world a better place.
We’re a close-knit family of product & project managers, designers, user researchers, computer scientists, academic researchers, engineers and clinicians. We’ve all made significant commitments to our health work, and are committed to working together for the long term. We aim for psychological safety, dependability, empowerment, diversity & inclusion. Some of us are fresh out of university, while others helped design the protocol that served you this very page.
The purpose of this role is to work alongside the Information Governance/Compliance Lead to ensure compliance of DeepMind and its products with information governance standards and data protection regulations. The post holder will liaise with Health Research, Product Managers, Design, Development, Clinical Safety and the Infrastructure Security team as appropriate to develop long-term strategic plans relating to the operational delivery of information governance and associated policies.
- Ensure products and company protocol comply with applicable Information Governance (IG) standards, in particular managing compliance with the DSP Toolkit
- Complete the assessments and processes required within the prescribed deadlines
- Support the development of software by providing IG domain expertise during all stages of product delivery
- Work to identify the areas of risk and exposure associated with IG for DeepMind and its products; and identify actions to address these issues
- Provide expert advice on information governance in relation to any new developments within DeepMind Health
- Provide advice and guidance to staff on IG issues, including statutory and regulatory compliance
- Develop policies, procedures and awareness material to support the effective use of information, in line with legal requirements
- Develop and monitor IG training for staff, implement clear and robust information and data handling standards and procedures, raise awareness of IG responsibilities, and promote awareness and best practice
- Support the appropriate and secure use and sharing of personal data, implementing, monitoring, auditing and reviewing the Data Processing Contracts, Data Privacy Impact Assessments and Compliance Checks
- Minimum five years experience of delivering Information Governance programmes
- Sound working knowledge of data privacy legislation
- Report writing and analytical skills
- Strong communication skills able to deliver a message to people at all levels of the business - who will have very different levels of domain knowledge
- Excellent domain knowledge: legislation affecting Health Records, IT, Human Rights and Equality
- Commercial awareness and understanding of operational business practices
- Awareness of Information Governance Standards and Data Privacy Regulation
- Judgement and ability to make decisions
- Highly motivated with good analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Presenting ideas and points of view, and influencing stakeholders
- Educated to degree level
- Evidence of Continuous Professional Development in Data Privacy and Information law
Knowledge and Skills
- Excellent communication, influencing and interpersonal skills
- Positive, adaptable and proactive attitude
- Strong management and organisational skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Working knowledge of Office tools
- Ability to work alone and also as a strong team player
- Documenting business processes and policy tools and techniques
- Understanding of software development and delivery industry
- Applying IG/privacy standards in the Health industry
DeepMind welcomes applications from all sections of society. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis as protected by applicable law. If you have a disability or additional need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.