This is a rare opportunity to join a phenomenal team of people in a complex, mission driven company. We are looking for an ambitious person with a passion for enabling exceptional individuals to join our unique people-first business.
Our teams purpose is to both cultivate and optimize our exceptional talent and build a values driven, highly effective and healthy organization and culture; an organization where world class research and creativity flourish and doing great work that contributes to our mission, is everyone’s number one focus.
This is the dream role for someone who thrives in fast paced, changeable environments and is looking to define their career within a company that could change the world.
At DeepMind we've created a unique environment for long-term ambitious research to flourish in. Our world-class interdisciplinary team combines the best techniques from deep learning, reinforcement learning and systems neuroscience to build powerful general-purpose learning algorithms. We have already made a number of high profile breakthroughs towards general AI and we now have all the ingredients in place to make further significant progress over the coming years.
- You have solid experience operating as a learning and development professional, preferably some of which was in a small but fast growing business, where you had to wear multiple hats and create things from scratch
- You are extremely organised, used to working at a very fast pace and juggling many different tasks and projects, whilst at the same time ensuring impeccable attention to detail. You’re proactive and see what needs to be done
- You are comfortable with ambiguity and enjoy changeable environments where you can implement creative and innovative ideas. You’re adaptable and are looking for a rollercoaster - both challenging and incredibly exciting
- You are confident managing the development and implementation of company wide programs as well as working at a more specific and direct level with individual managers and team members
- You enjoy the challenge and have experience of taking conceptual ideas and adapting them into tangible and impactful realities
- You are able to act with confidence in a high performance culture, instilling trust in everyone you interact with, delivering well thought through solutions. You can turn your hand to most things and if you don’t know the answer you are tenacious in finding out
- You have a natural ability to build relationships with people, you put them at ease and create understanding. You enjoy spending time with people and have a strong sense of empathy
- You are an effective advisor and coach, you enjoy working closely with managers to develop their skills and enhance team performance
- You enjoy variety and have a get stuck in mentality - no task is too big or too small.
- You are resourceful and enjoy managing your own work and projects, carefully balance priorities and meeting deadlines. You enjoy operating independently but love being part of a highly supportive and collaborative team. You share information and understand that succeed or fail, we do so as a team
- You are looking for the career defining role and are ready to commit to this long term mission
You will need to use your previous experience and show initiative in order to fully carve out your contribution in this role. You will be mentored and managed by the Head of People & Culture. You will work closely, and partner with the Learning Partners and People and Culture team members on a daily basis.
- Partner closely with ‘the organization’ and key individuals throughout to develop bespoke learning, development and education programs in parallel with DeepMind’s growth, core mission and unique culture.
- Through your lens of learning, development and education, partner closely with key individuals and teams across the organisation to ensure a truly people-first and people-centric approach.
- Develop a deep understanding of DeepMind; enabling you to create innovative and bespoke content, practices and programs that truly meet the needs of the groups, teams and individuals you are supporting and that drive the growth and success of this unique organization.
- Partner closely with the People and Culture Partners, Progam Managers and other key managers and leaders, creating a strong feedback loop to inform the development of future programs in line with the evolving needs within DeepMind.
- Build strong working relationships with our existing external partners, whilst identifying high calibre external partners to support and scale the Learning, Development and Education strategy.
- Work at both individual and group wide levels, ensuring that personal and professional development evolves in parallel with DeepMind’s growth and core mission.
- Provide advice and guidance to the wider organisation on learning and development requirements, opportunities and solutions.
- Provide proactive solutions to scale our learning programs and operations during fast paced growth
If you’d like to join us please tell us a bit about yourself and the role you’re looking for. We’d love to hear what made you apply for this role.
DeepMind welcomes applications from all sections of society. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis as protected by applicable law. If you have a disability or additional need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.