Role: Data Analyst
DeepMind - Applied
DeepMind’s Applied Group focuses on using the best technologies, together with our own research, to address some of the world’s most pressing and complex challenges. We work in fields from healthcare to energy efficiency, collaborating with experts to build tools to support and improve their work. Collaborating with Google teams, we also apply our cutting edge research to products used by millions of people around the world. These real world applications help us work towards one of DeepMind’s purposes - to use intelligence to make the world a better place.
This is an opportunity to join a phenomenal team of people in a complex, mission-driven company. DeepMind continues to grow, and is now seeking a Data Analyst with experience in healthcare and responsibility for conducting full life cycle analysis (including requirements, activities and design) to join our team. You will take responsibility for data quality, developing reports, and troubleshooting data issues. To do well in this role you need an eye for detail, and experience with data analysis tools on relational databases.
We are looking for a Data Analyst who shares our passionate and long-term commitment to making a positive impact on patient outcomes.
Health systems do an amazing job under enormous pressure. Most people get truly world-class care, but every day patients suffer avoidable life-changing conditions and even die because they don’t get the right treatment in time. Nurses and doctors simply don’t have the tools to instantly analyse each test result, determine the right treatment, and make sure that every patient who needs complex or urgent care is escalated to the right specialist immediately.
As part of the DeepMind Applied team you will be part of a team who are responsible for having a social impact through the development of a product that focuses on saving lives.
- Supporting the design and development teams, providing details of data content and quality to both teams
- Monitoring of data quality in the live database and alerting in case of anomalies
- Interpreting data and analyzing results using statistical techniques
- Developing and implementing databases, data collection systems, data analytics and related strategies that automate and optimize data quality reporting
- Filtering, cleaning and standardising data
- Creating performance indicators to locate and correct code problems
- Working with management to prioritize business and information needs
- Locating and defining new process improvement opportunities
- Managing reference data, including creation, updates, and deletion
- Designing the reporting environment, including data sources, security, and metadata
- Supporting initiatives for data integrity and normalization
- Evaluating changes and updates to source production systems
- Adept at SQL queries, report writing and presenting findings
- Experience of analysing datasets using Python, Go or SQL - Write tools to create reporting infrastructure, to create ways for DM to updating data sets, importing them, correcting data and doing translations, specing a front-end as may not be able to get front-end support from engineering team
- Scripting and analytical languages
- Healthcare domain knowledge
- Strong analytical skills
- Experience in presenting insights to non-technical stakeholders
- Expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques
- Experience in handling large data sets and relational databases
- Understanding of addressing and metadata standards
- High-level written and verbal communication skills
DeepMind welcomes applications from all sections of society. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis as protected by applicable law. If you have a disability or additional need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.