This is a rare opportunity to join a phenomenal team of people in a mission-driven company. Diverse sets of scientific data are critical to breaking new ground and producing state of the art results in research on our mission to solve intelligence. We are looking for an extraordinarily capable and enthusiastic individual to bring large-scale real-world scientific data ingestion to our research environment.
Founded by Demis Hassabis, Mustafa Suleyman and Shane Legg in 2010, DeepMind’s mission is to solve intelligence and then use it to make the world a better place.
Over the last few years we have created a special environment where long-term, moonshot research flourishes. Our world-class interdisciplinary team combines the best techniques from deep learning, reinforcement learning and systems neuroscience to build powerful general- purpose learning algorithms, which we then apply to solve real-world problems. We are making significant progress and have made a number of high profile breakthroughs. Our business has a start-up, entrepreneurial culture but operates within a high-profile, global company – this dynamic combination makes us distinctly collaborative and resourceful, as well as extraordinarily ambitious.
- Determine teams’ scientific data requirements through close collaboration with internal stakeholders
- Identify relevant scientific datasets and establish relationships with appropriate external parties
- Lead licence and commercial negotiations, with support from the existing strategic partnerships manager and DeepMind legal team
- Plan, design and implement scientific data ingestion processes
- Extensive experience as a data solutions engineer with a strong delivery track record
- Background in technical consulting and/or professional services
- Experienced in coordinating among external and internal stakeholders
- Comfortable liaising with a broad research team with varied scientific data needs and interests
- Python data science and data transformation skills are a bonus
How to apply
Please include a cover letter that details how you would distinctively serve in this role.
DeepMind welcomes applications from all sections of society. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis as protected by applicable law. If you have a disability or additional need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.