This is an exciting opportunity to join a world class team in a mission driven company. We’re looking for someone with administrative/project management experience and a people-first attitude. You will provide dedicated support to DeepMind's Worlds Team who create game like environments to test and train AI agents; thereby enabling, supporting and accelerating DeepMind’s research mission.
At DeepMind we've created a unique environment for long-term ambitious research to flourish in. Our world-class interdisciplinary team combines the best techniques from deep learning, reinforcement learning and systems neuroscience to build powerful general-purpose learning algorithms.
We are making significant progress and have made a number of high profile breakthroughs Our business has a start-up entrepreneurial culture but operates within a large, high profile global company - so you will need to be flexible and ready for anything.
About the team
As part of the Research Group, the Worlds Team provides DeepMind Researchers with the best training and testing environments possible, across a variety of platforms. These range from bespoke mini-games aimed at answering specific research questions, to expansive first-person games using modern 3D engines. The output from the Worlds Team is crucial in helping steer DeepMind’s research forward.
Projects we’ve worked on include AlphaGo, DM Lab, and DQN on Atari as well as contributions to countless publications. The team consists of 30+ developers from high profile engineering, games and VFX companies including: EA, Sony, Ubisoft, Facebook, Microsoft, Bullfrog, Elixir Studios, Lionhead, Criterion Games, Animal Logic, The Foundry and, of course, Google.
As a Team Assistant within the Worlds team, you'll be the go-to person for a group of world-class engineers, game developers and program managers focused on accelerating DeepMind’s research mission.
You can expect a broad range of administrative responsibilities which will allow you to enable the team to be more productive. We're looking for a super organised and proactive individual with strong communication skills.
- Provide scheduling and coordination support for the team
- Coordinate meetings, from 121s to whole team events
- Maintain up-to-date task and bug data and communicate progress
- Support Team Leads and Program Managers with calendar management and any other ad-hoc administration
- Be a main point of contact for new starters in the team to help support their induction experience
- Support the team with external visitors
- Iron out ambiguity and proactively resolve issues
- Assist with seating logistics for new starters and team reshuffles
- Collate agenda items and follow up on outstanding actions from the team
- Anticipate obstacles before they arise and resolve them
- You’ll have some experience within an administrative/project management role. Tracking tasks, managing complex diaries, booking meetings etc
- Highly organised with the ability to juggle multiple priorities in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Flexible and highly responsive to the needs of the project, team and wider group
- Expert knowledge of using standard office tools, including spreadsheets
- The ability to deal tactfully, calmly and effectively with a wide range of people
- You see what needs to be done and make it happen, no matter how big or small the task
- You are self-aware and seek learning opportunities
- You find satisfaction in seeing the team you support succeed
To accompany your application, please submit a covering letter, answering the following questions:
- Why are you interested in DeepMind?
- What interests you about the games DeepMind has created?
- Tell us about a time when you helped deliver a successful product to launch?
- What experience do you have to enable teams to be their best?
DeepMind welcomes applications from all sections of society. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis as protected by applicable law. If you have a disability or additional need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.
Competitive salary applies.