Role: People and Culture Operations Program Manager, Applied
Salary: Competitive salary applies
DeepMind - Applied
DeepMind’s Applied Group focuses on using the best available technologies, together with our own research, to address some of the world’s most pressing and complex challenges. We work in fields from healthcare to energy efficiency, collaborating with experts to build tools to support and improve their work. Collaborating with Google teams, we also apply our cutting edge research to products used by millions of people around the world. These real world applications of AI technology help us work towards one of DeepMind’s purposes - to use intelligence to make the world a better place.
This is a rare opportunity to join a phenomenal team of people in a mission driven company. We’re looking for an ambitious person to join our unique people-first business which continues to grow at pace. Our business has a start-up entrepreneurial culture but operates within a large, high profile global company making us uniquely collaborative and mission focussed, as well as highly ambitious.
The Applied Group builds real-world applications of AI technology. We collaborate with industry experts to build tools that support and augment their work in fields from healthcare to energy to apply our cutting-edge research to help improve Google’s products and services. Drawing on the best available machine learning techniques, together with our own original research, we’re making meaningful breakthroughs in addressing some of society’s biggest and most complex challenges.This role sits in the Applied People Operations team. As a group we are responsible for ensuring the success of a hugely ambitious organisation made up of high performers from a diverse range of backgrounds (from machine learning experts to clinicians to partnerships managers and many, many more!). Members of our team care deeply about our role in the Applied Groups’ mission to make the world a better place and work across a number of functions to ensure we are built for scalability and success. We look for innovative solutions, seek a deep understanding of the organisation and value highly collaborative working practices.
You will join DeepMind Applied’s People Operations Team at an exciting time, as we develop and scale people processes to support our expanding base of Product Managers, Program Managers, Software Engineers, and Subject Matter Experts in London and Mountain View.
We are looking for an individual experienced in project or program management within an operations environment. The right candidate will be a partner to the business, capable of managing continuity in HR operations while simultaneously helping to deliver projects that will enhance, optimize, and scale our people processes.
Reporting to the Head of HR Operations, you will be responsible for the smooth running of our People Operations programs extending from employee enquiries, and execution of seasonal programs (compensation planning, government reporting, etc), to operational excellence. You’ll help scope and lead HR projects that make good use of automation and technology, while upholding the employee experience.
You will manage a small, partially-dispersed, operations team, helping to influence DeepMind’s People Operations service delivery model. You’ll work closely with POps leadership and subject matter experts across ours’ and Alphabet’s businesses to deliver on key organizational objectives.
- Managing 3-4 Operations Associates, and New Starter Coordinators.
- Identifying, defining, and leading HR projects of significant scope.
- Partnering with HR colleagues to implement and execute against their strategic initiatives (e.g. performance management, compensation planning, and employee engagement).
- Forecasting resourcing needs - both people and technical - to anticipate fluctuations in demand (e.g. seasonal programs) and make sure the team is resourced to be successful.
- Establishing service level agreements (SLAs) for all HR service lines, and maintain rigor and integrity over collection, analysis, and reporting of employee and organizational data.
- Regularly measuring, assessing and reporting on the effectiveness of our people processes.
Some travel to the US (15-20%) required.
- You have extensive experience managing complex projects, preferably in HR.
- You will have experience of managing and developing people and teams to reach their potential.
- You’ve got a background in a consulting, process design, or data analysis environment.
- You have superior verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- You’re a self-motivated and driven individual with a proven ability to work independently, achieve goals with ambiguity, prioritize work, implementing structure and clarity.
- You’re comfortable in situations of ambiguity or where you don’t have all of the information, and aren’t fazed supporting others through complex problems.
- You have exceptional judgment, leadership and team building skills.
- You have an affinity for technology, and are interested in AI and Machine Learning.
DeepMind welcomes applications from all sections of society. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis as protected by applicable law. If you have a disability or additional need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know