Research Scientists at DeepMind lead our efforts in developing novel algorithmic architecture towards the end goal of solving and building Artificial General Intelligence.
Having pioneered research in the world's leading academic and industrial labs in PhDs, post-docs or professorships, Research Scientists join DeepMind to work collaboratively within and across Research fields. They develop solutions to fundamental questions in science using machine learning and AI.
Research Scientists in the Science Program leverage their domain knowledge and explore the use of machine learning approaches to solve broad scientific problems by drawing on expertise from a variety of natural science fields. Previous disciplines may include but are not limited to structural biology, genetics, astrophysics, or condensed matter physics.
- Lead and drive the development of research directions across multiple science fields by drawing on extensive domain knowledge and broad scientific interests.
- Identify and develop machine learning projects that may be deployable within key science disciplines.
- Report and present research findings and developments (including status and results) clearly and efficiently both internally and externally, verbally and in writing
- Design, implement and evaluate models, agents and software prototypes for science problems
- Suggest and engage in team collaborations to meet research goals for the science group as well as broader DeepMind projects
- Work with external collaborators and maintain relationships with relevant research labs and key individuals as appropriate
- PhD in a technical field or equivalent practical experience
- PhD in one of the natural sciences.
- Relevant experience to the position such as post doctoral roles, a proven track record of publications, or the application of Machine Learning to scientific challenges
Competitive salary applies.
DeepMind welcomes applications from all sections of society. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis as protected by applicable law. If you have a disability or additional need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know