Role: Program Manager- Health, Mountain View
Location: Mountain View, CA, United States
About DeepMind Health
DeepMind was founded in 2010 with the mission to ‘solve intelligence, use it to make the world a better place’. DeepMind Applied builds real-world applications of AI technology, working towards the second part of DeepMind's purpose. . We collaborate with experts to build tools that support and augment their work in fields from healthcare to energy efficiency, and apply our cutting-edge research to help improve Google’s products and services. Drawing on the best available technologies, together with our own original research, we’re making meaningful breakthroughs in addressing some of society’s biggest and most complex challenges. DeepMind Health is central to this social mission.
DeepMind welcomes applications from all sections of society. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis as protected by applicable law. If you have a disability or additional need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.
We’re looking for Program Managers to join the team, and help us build everything from iOS & Android applications, to the underlying infrastructure that powers our projects and supports our research.
We believe that we have a viable chance to radically improve areas like healthcare through technology and we recognise the responsibility that comes with that.
We have two simple goals at DeepMind Health:
- First, to make a practical difference to patients, nurses and doctors and support healthcare systems. We hope that our technologies will help to save lives, improve care and support the health care system we know and respect.
- Second, to make DeepMind Health a self-sustaining initiative, through hospitals choosing to pay us for our software if they think they can have a positive impact on clinical outcomes and experience. We aren't looking to maximise profit, but rather to achieve sustainability so we can continue to grow our team, work with more hospitals and help more patients.
You will join our diverse and motivated team, where you’ll collaborate closely with the DeepMind Health product team to help us prioritize and build intuitive solutions that will transform healthcare for clinicians and patients.
- You’re a passionate and experienced program manager, and have directly project managed the launch of new technologies or features to end users.
- You’re excited about the mounting impact technology has in society, and believe in its ability to solve significant social issues. You’re committed to being part of those difficult changes.
- You have experience implementing the right amount of structure and process to enhance team productivity, without incurring undue overhead.
- You're equally comfortable explaining your team's strategy and decisions to executives as you are discussing technical challenges and trade-offs with engineers and partners.
- Drive engineering teams, manage prioritization, milestones, risk, and schedules, keeping project teams focused and productive.
- Deliver projects using a combination of existing processes and individual initiative.
- Evaluate and improve processes and documentation for teams you support and leverage technology to develop or improve tools or processes (software tools, techniques, automation) for repeatability and sustainability.
- Help set team objectives and define relevant metrics.
- Communicate schedules, priorities and status to all levels.
- BA/BS degree in a technical field or equivalent experience.
- Significant and direct experience as a Program Manager or Technical Program Manager on software projects including expertise in project management fundamentals (ie project definition, managing risk, managing dependencies and timelines, etc).
- Experience building working relationships with peers across functions (design, research, product, test, engineering, etc).
- Ability to lead teams through ambiguity and to act with confidence in a high performance culture.
We’re a close-knit family of product & project managers, designers, user researchers, computer scientists, ML researchers, engineers, testers and more. We’ve all made significant personal commitments to our work, and are committed to working together for the long term impact of our projects. We aim for psychological safety, dependability, empowerment, diversity & inclusion in all aspects of our work. Some of us are fresh out of university, others helped design the protocol that served you this very page. We’re looking for someone to join us, and build technology that can have a positive impact on society.