Role: Support Manager
DeepMind - Applied
DeepMind’s Applied Group focuses on using the best available technologies, together with our own research, to address some of the world’s most pressing and complex challenges. We work in many different areas, including health, collaborating with experts to build tools that support and improve their work fields. These real world applications of AI technology help us work towards one of DeepMind’s purposes - to use intelligence to make the world a better place.
At DeepMind Health, we’re building the next generation of clinical software. Our flagship mobile application, Streams, is already used in a clinical setting where it’s helping clinicians provide care to their patients now, and we believe this kind of digital platform could potentially play a role in applying DeepMind’s AI research in the future.
We’re looking for Test Engineers to join our team, to help us ensure the quality of our mobile applications and the back end systems that serve them. This is an amazing opportunity to work with world class talent and cutting-edge techniques on a project with the potential to make a huge impact in healthcare.
You should be well experienced in supporting other team members in the production of the test specification, test scripts and data, and to be able to execute the tests and record results. As part of preparation and execution, you must be able to communicate issues and observations to support teams, and the wider business, and help manage them through to closure.
As a Support Manager you are a customer service advocate who is keen to ensure the smooth running of the DeepMind Health products. You are an effective problem solver with excellent listening and communication skills and have an excellent background in software support management working both with internal teams and with external Partners.
This role would suit someone who thrives in hands on, fast-paced, changeable environments and is looking to define their career within a company that could change the world.
The Support Manager role has 2 core strands - people and program delivery.
- Lead on support strategy, approach and issue resolution.
- Ensure DeepMind culture is preserved and reflected in actions of third party when dealing with our customers. Ensuring that a customer first approach is maintained and that any issues are resolved swiftly.
- Evaluate processes, standards and procedures and create best practice and seek to continually improve.
- Ensure that high quality documentation exists for all support related functions - including user guides, processes, response playbooks and service arrangements.
- Provide support metrics both internally and externally, propose action / remediation plans as appropriate and work with our Partners to deliver data driven training plans
- Liaise with both third party and internal support teams to ensure all parties understand and work with the processes and that first line support are always trained on any new functionality or features.
- Liaise with internal groups including Program and Product management, Engineering, DevOps, Test and Business Development both to have plans in place for new feature support in live and also to ensure feedback, bugs etc. are channeled to the correct teams and processed. You will own the flow of user feedback into the product life cycle
- Develop and drive KPIs for support to monitor and improve the support team’s performance
- Grow and develop our support offering in line with the product
- Capable of facilitating collaboration, addressing conflict, and organising both internal teams and third parties
- Facilitating conversations / meeting and challenging the status quo
- Fostering productive, high performing teams
- You will have experience working in fast-paced, constantly-changing, creative and dynamic environment and be able to ‘hit the ground running’.
- You will have a proven track record of leading a support management team for 1st through to 3rd line support, preferably within a digital healthcare setting. Including dealing with customers, complaints and managing reporting cycles.
- Ideally you will have some experience of building a team from scratch and scaling in a fast paced environment
- You have experience of establishing and updating support management services and processes in an organisation supporting 1 or more B2B products
- You have experience of and are familiar with ITIL and ITSM
- You will be enthusiastic in engaging our vendor support team and in working with the vendor to improve training and culture of the team
- You will be familiar with working with cross-functional teams consisting of Product Management, Engineering and Testing using Agile Product Development methodologies
- You will have exceptional written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- You will have experience in proactively coordinating individuals and teams for maximum productivity
- You are highly organised, with the ability to juggle multiple priorities and switch context very quickly
- You are flexible, adaptable, and highly responsive to the needs of the project, team and wider group
- You have a realistic, pragmatic approach when project planning and managing expectations
- You are willing to proactively build knowledge and expertise in a number of areas
- You are willing to roll your sleeves up to achieve what needs to be done
DeepMind welcomes applications from all sections of society. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis as protected by applicable law. If you have a disability or additional need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.