Role: Support Manager - DeepMind Health
Location: London, United Kingdom
Salary: Competitive salary applies
DeepMind - Applied
Our Applied group works with teams at DeepMind and Google to bring the best available technologies to address some of the world’s most pressing and complex challenges. We work in fields from healthcare to energy efficiency to Google products used by millions around the world, collaborating with experts on research and tools to support and improve their work.
In healthcare, we work on a wide range of projects from groundbreaking machine learning research through to our flagship mobile application Streams. This next generation of clinical software is already being used in hospitals where it’s helping clinicians provide care to their patients now, while also laying the framework to apply DeepMind’s AI research in future.
We’ve already made a number of high profile breakthroughs in AI, and following our acquisition by Google in 2014 have all the ingredients in place to make further significant progress over the coming years. This combination of applied research & real world products, help us work towards the safe & ethical deployment of AI technologies, in order to make the world a better place.
We’re a close-knit family of product & project managers, designers, user researchers, computer scientists, academic researchers, engineers and clinicians. We’ve all made significant commitments to our health work, and are committed to working together for the long term. We aim for psychological safety, dependability, empowerment, diversity & inclusion. Some of us are fresh out of university, while others helped design the protocol that served you this very page.
As a Support Manager you are a customer service advocate who is keen to ensure the smooth running of the DeepMind Health products. You are an effective problem solver with excellent listening and communication skills and have an excellent background in software support management working both with internal teams and with external Partners.
This role would suit someone who thrives in hands on, fast-paced, changeable environments and is looking to define their career within a company that could change the world.
The Support Manager role has 3 core strands - program delivery, business as usual/account management and people management
- Lead on support strategy, approach and issue resolution
- Ensure DeepMind culture is preserved and reflected in actions of third party when dealing with our customers. Ensuring that a customer first approach is maintained and that any issues are resolved swiftly
- Evaluate processes, standards and procedures and create best practice and seek to continually improve
- Ensure that high quality documentation exists for all support related functions - including user guides, processes, response playbooks and service arrangements
- Provide support metrics both internally and externally, propose action / remediation plans as appropriate and work with our Partners to deliver data driven training plans
- Liaise with both third party and internal support teams to ensure all parties understand and work with the processes and that first line support are always trained on any new functionality or features
- Liaise with internal groups including Program and Product management, Engineering, DevOps, Test and Business Development both to have plans in place for new feature support in live
- Ensure feedback, bugs etc. are channeled to the correct teams and processed, and own the flow of user feedback into the product life cycle
- Develop and drive KPIs for support to monitor and improve the support team’s performance
- Grow and develop our support offering in line with the product
- Act as an advocate for client/partner needs
- Work with Release Management to highlight and drive client/partner change/issue fix into the Release process
- Participates in Incident management On call/cover team
Business as Usual (BAU)
- Develop and manage effective BAU client/partner relationships, engagement and communications
- Act a conduit between the client/partner and DeepMind Health and take on a ‘point of escalation’ role
- Manage small upgrades or enhancements to existing functionality: moving clients/partners onto new releases of Streams and coordinating release delivery against this plan supported by the Implementation Specialist
- Schedule and lead Monthly Service Review meetings onsite with the client/partners ensuring that necessary actions are followed up appropriately
- Provide regular exception reports and updates internally on BAU status of each client/partner
- Help drive resolution to client/partners service issues through effective working arrangements with internal team
- Ensure a contract change notice is in place to manage any amendment to service
- Identify any potential sales opportunities for ‘upselling’/adoption of new features by clients/partners
- Capable of facilitating collaboration, addressing conflict, and organising both internal teams and third parties
- Capable of managing partner expectations of product development, release cycle and product roadmap
- Facilitating conversations / meeting and challenging the status quo
- Fostering productive, high performing teams
- You will have experience working in fast-paced, constantly-changing, creative and dynamic environment and be able to ‘hit the ground running’.
- You will have a proven track record of leading a support management team for 1st through to 3rd line support, preferably within a digital healthcare setting. Including dealing with customers, complaints and managing reporting cycles.
- Ideally you will have some experience of building a team from scratch and scaling in a fast paced environment
- You have experience of establishing and updating support management services and processes in an organisation supporting 1 or more B2B products
- You have experience of and are familiar with ITIL and ITSM
- You will be enthusiastic in engaging our vendor support team and in working with the vendor to improve training and culture of the team
- You will be familiar with working with cross-functional teams consisting of Product Management, Engineering and Testing using Agile Product Development methodologies
- You will have exceptional written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- You will have experience in proactively coordinating individuals and teams for maximum productivity
- You are highly organised, with the ability to juggle multiple priorities and switch context very quickly
- You are flexible, adaptable, and highly responsive to the needs of the project, team and external partners
- You have a realistic, pragmatic approach when project planning and managing expectations
- You are willing to proactively build knowledge and expertise in a number of areas
- You are willing to roll your sleeves up to achieve what needs to be done
DeepMind welcomes applications from all sections of society. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis as protected by applicable law. If you have a disability or additional need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.