Role: Research Engineer - DMG
DeepMind’s Applied Group focuses on using the best available technologies, together with our own research, to address some of the world’s most pressing and complex challenges. We work in fields from healthcare to energy efficiency, collaborating with experts to build tools to support and improve their work. Collaborating with Google teams, we also apply our cutting edge research to products used by millions of people around the world. These real world applications of AI technology help us work towards one of DeepMind’s purposes - to use intelligence to make the world a better place.
The Team - DeepMind for Google
The DeepMind for Google team, part of DeepMind’s Applied Group, works in close collaboration with Google product teams to deploy machine learning algorithms to help to improve Google products. The team is made up of Research Scientists, Research Engineers and Software Engineers, all of whom work very closely together.
The Research Engineers collaborate with Research Scientists to design and run experiments, including designing and building necessary infrastructure, tools and libraries. Working with Software Engineers and other Research Engineers on the deployment of machine learning models for live experiments, Research Engineers also run analysis and reports of experimental results.
- BSc/BEng degree in computer science, mathematics, physics, electrical engineering, machine learning or equivalent (MSc/MEng preferable).
- Expert in C/C++ and experienced in at least one scripting language such as Lua, Python or Matlab and a desire to learn new programming languages.
- Experience with implementing numerical methods and data visualization.
- Good knowledge of algorithm design.
- Knowledge of machine learning and/or statistics.
- Experience with GPU programming.
- Experience with multi-threaded design and parallel/distributed computing.
- Interest in neuroscience.
- A passion for AI.
- Contributions to open source projects.
DeepMind welcomes applications from all sections of society. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis as protected by applicable law. If you have a disability or additional need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.