This is a rare opportunity to join a phenomenal team of people in a complex, mission-driven company. We’re looking for an experienced Research Partnership Manager / Program Manager with a passion for science, software and problem solving, with a proactive, can-do attitude to organizing research and collaborations.
As a Program Manager, you'll help to build external relationships and deliver results. You'll do this by switching on your listening skills to anticipate other people's needs and resolve operational issues before they arise. To support our growth, you'll adapt to the needs of the organisation and continually look for ways to optimise research and the program management function itself.
At DeepMind we've created a unique environment where long-term ambitious research can flourish. Our world-class interdisciplinary team combines the best techniques from deep learning, reinforcement learning and systems neuroscience to build powerful general-purpose learning algorithms. We have already made a number of high profile breakthroughs towards building artificial general intelligence and now have all the ingredients in place to make further significant progress over the coming years.
The Program Manager role has two core strands - enabling people and program delivery. It's important you are not shy of rolling your sleeves up and getting stuck in, whatever the task - big or small. A Program Manager does what needs to be done.
- Help to manage external collaborations including building relationships
- Co-manage teams with the Leads to allow them to focus on research
- Manage performance and provide opportunities for people to grow
- Facilitate conversations and challenge the status quo
- Partner with Leads to manage headcount and hiring priorities
- Support recruitment for the team including assessing suitability
- Responsible for end-to-end lifecycle of project deliverables
- Provide feedback, ensuring the correct reuse of code/tools/platforms
- Fully understand the goals of the team and enable execution on top priority deliverables
- Maintain up-to-date research program data, track issues and provide stakeholders with timely reports
- Identify, define and lead projects to address issues and maximise opportunities
- Provide proactive support to the Product Manager and put forward ideas for continuous improvement
- Experiencing managing technical projects with external collaborators (e.g. client integrations)
- Experience proactively coordinating individuals and teams for maximum productivity
- Initiative to solve problems with solutions that are repeatable, scalable and sustainable
- Comfortable with ambiguity and able to act with confidence in a high performance culture
- Instinctive ability for managing highly intelligent people
- Super-organised with the ability to juggle multiple priorities and switch context very quickly
- Experience working in fast-paced, constantly changing and dynamic environment
- Flexible, adaptable and highly responsive to the needs of the project, team and wider group
- Seize opportunities to acquire new knowledge and have a passion for science
DeepMind welcomes applications from all sections of society. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis as protected by applicable law. If you have a disability or additional need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.