This is a rare opportunity to join a phenomenal team of people in a complex, mission-driven company. We’re looking for an Assistant Program Manager with a passion for science, software and problem solving with a proactive, can-do attitude to organizing research and collaborations.
As an Assistant Program Manager, you'll be the go-to person for a team of world-class researchers and program managers focused on solving intelligence. You'll help to build relationships and deliver results. You'll do this by switching on your listening skills to anticipate other people's needs and resolve operational issues before they arise.
At DeepMind we've created a unique environment where long-term ambitious research can flourish. Our world-class interdisciplinary team combines the best techniques from deep learning, reinforcement learning and systems neuroscience to build powerful general-purpose learning algorithms. We have already made a number of high profile breakthroughs towards building artificial general intelligence and now have all the ingredients in place to make further significant progress over the coming years.
The Assistant Program Manager role has two core strands - enabling people and program delivery. You can expect a broad range of administrative responsibilities which will allow you to enable the team to be more productive. We're looking for a super organised and proactive individual with strong communication skills, who is excited about working alongside some of the world’s brightest minds.
- Provide scheduling and coordination support for the team comprising Program Managers, Researchers and Software Engineers
- Support Research Team Leads and Program Managers with calendar management and any other ad-hoc administration
- Coordinate meetings, including group check-ins and milestone progress and ensure their smooth running
- Facilitate conversations to help define milestones, schedules and priorities and subsequently, manage the milestone process
- Maintain up-to-date research milestone data and communicate progress
- Assisting with procurement and liaising with both internal and external team
- Be the main point of contact for new joiners in your team to help support their induction experience;
- Support the team with Research visitors
- Collate agenda items and follow up on outstanding actions from the team
- Iron out ambiguity and proactively resolve issues
- Help to manage external collaborations including building relationships
- Listen to, support and enable others
- Act as a trusted advisor and provide solutions to support research efforts
- Facilitate opportunities for collaboration and create relevant connections
- Anticipate obstacles before they arise and resolve them
- Experience in an administrative role and in particular managing complex diaries
- Experience in managing technical projects with external collaborators (e.g. client integrations)
- Initiative to solve problems with solutions that are repeatable, scalable and sustainable
- Highly organised with the ability to juggle multiple priorities in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Comfortable with ambiguity and able to act with confidence in a high performance culture
- Flexible and highly responsive to the needs of the project, team and wider group
- Instinctive ability for working with highly intelligent people
- Flexible, adaptable and highly responsive to the needs of the project, team and wider group
- Seize opportunities to acquire new knowledge and have a passion for science
- Expert knowledge of using standard office tools, including spreadsheets
- The ability to deal tactfully, calmly and effectively with a wide range of people
- You see what needs to be done and make it happen, no matter how big or small the task
- You find satisfaction in seeing the team you support succeed
DeepMind welcomes applications from all sections of society. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis as protected by applicable law. If you have a disability or additional need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.