This is a rare opportunity to join a phenomenal team of people in a complex, mission-driven company. DeepMind continues to grow and we are now seeking a Reception Manager to join our team on a one year fixed term contract. This role would suit someone who thrives in fast-paced, changeable environments and is looking to define their career within a company that could change the world.
The overall purpose of the role is to ensure a first class front of house service to both DeepMind and its visitors. You will oversee a high-performing front of house team, resolve operational and administrative issues and adapt readily to changing priorities.
We’re looking for a highly talented and driven individual who wants to be part of an exceptional team, in an inspiring and collaborative environment, working on ground-breaking technology with potentially extraordinary impact. You’ll be working with some of the best and brightest minds which takes skill, enthusiasm and a exceptional attention to detail.
At DeepMind we've created a unique environment for long-term ambitious research to flourish in. Our world-class interdisciplinary team combines the best techniques from deep learning, reinforcement learning and systems neuroscience to build powerful general-purpose learning algorithms. We have already made a number of high profile breakthroughs towards general AI and as part of Google/Alphabet we now have all the ingredients in place to make further significant progress over the coming years.
In this busy but rewarding service-driven role, you’ll manage all aspects of our front of house function, from ensuring warm welcomes for our guests through to driving ongoing operational improvements across the organisation. You will play a key role in the wider Operations team and your success at DeepMind will depend on the connections you build and relationships you grow.
- Act as a key point of contact and an ambassador for DeepMind, constantly improving and refining the welcome service our guests and visitors receive
- Provide day to day and overall management to the front of house team, encouraging their development and making suggestions to maximise their growth
- Oversee the successful management of multiple meetings rooms and diaries for the organisation, maintaining an awareness of and resolving any capacity issues
- Liaise with the Google front of house and facilities teams to maintain consistency of service by all
- Lead by example: welcoming guests and ensuring that all visitors receive an exceptional experience by ensuring timely room set-ups, office tours and offering refreshments
- Refine and improve all administrative and operational processes, making educated suggestions for continuous improvement to grow efficiencies
- Work collaboratively with the wider operations teams at both DeepMind and at Google to ensure all processes are smooth, compliant and streamlined
- Partner with the wider Operations team to provide support on non-reception related matters during busy periods, as required
- Oversee the collection and recording of Non-Disclosure Agreements (NDAs) from all guests
- Act as the primary DeepMind contact for the on-site security team and work closely with them to resolve any issues
You are an experienced receptionist or front of house manager and perform best in a fast-paced environment. Having established yourself as an empathetic but results driven team leader, you are now looking for an environment that allows you to perform at your absolute best. You have got bags of energy and a keen interest to continue to grow your career in supporting and enabling others. Your colleagues describe you as dependable, savvy, self-aware and efficient. You have a can-do attitude and a thirst for learning.
- You are proactive and see what needs to be done. You know what your team has to do everyday, what must be achieved and the deadlines that need to be met
- Every moment of the day is utilised and you apply superb organisational skills to handle this effectively. You adapt tech skills to create and manage time-saving solutions
- You are extremely organised, used to working at a very fast pace, juggling many different tasks in changeable and ambiguous environments, whilst at the same time ensuring impeccable attention to detail
- You are willing to roll your sleeves up and get stuck in with anything; from making coffees for visitors to leading the design of current and future reception areas. Your “get stuck in” mentality means that no task is too big or too small
- You are driven, self-aware and self-disciplined; you take responsibility for your own behaviour and get your energy from within, rather than relying on others. You strive to succeed and constantly improve
- You have a natural ability to build relationships with people. You put people at ease, create understanding and instil trust. Your knowledge and approach means that people actively seek your guidance
Please include a cover letter when applying and tell us how you can make a difference to our team.
DeepMind welcomes applications from all sections of society. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis as protected by applicable law. If you have a disability or additional need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.