Software Engineer, DeepMind Applied MTV
In the DeepMind Applied group, we’re building the next generation of software to increase our capacity to tackle some of our biggest & most urgent real-world challenges. We’ve had several successes already, such as our work on Data Centres, our iOS healthcare application Streams, and powering Google Assistant through WaveNet.
We’re looking for Software Engineers to join the team, and help us build everything from iOS & Android applications, to the underlying infrastructure that powers our projects. We like to build on open source technology, using stacks built from Python, Go, Swift, GRPC, Kafka, MySQL, Kubernetes & GCP.
We believe that we have a viable chance to radically improve areas like healthcare, energy efficiency & others through technology and we recognise the responsibility that comes with that.
- You’re a passionate and experienced backend, iOS, Android or web frontend developer.
- You’re excited about the mounting impact technology has in society, and believe in its ability to solve significant social issues. You’re committed to being part of those difficult changes.
- You’re thrilled to be a part of a multidisciplinary team, working hand-in-hand with our product and design team to understand the problems our users are asking us to solve.
- You’re as happy writing code with headphones on as you are dropping everything to offer on-site technical support to users of our products.
- You’re comfortable working with a neighbouring team who colour and flavour their dialogue with unexpected u’s and s’s, but recognise and don’t take offense at others who don’t.
We’re a close-knit family of product & project managers, designers, user researchers, computer scientists, ML researchers, engineers, testers and more. We’ve all made significant personal commitments to our work, and are committed to working together for the long term impact of our projects. We aim for psychological safety, dependability, empowerment, diversity & inclusion in all aspects of our work. Some of us are fresh out of university, others helped design the protocol that served you this very page. We’re looking for someone to join us, and build technology that can have a positive impact on society.