Role: Software Engineer - DeepMind Health
Location: Mountain View, California
Salary: Competitive salary applies
DeepMind - Applied
DeepMind’s Applied Group focuses on using the best available technologies, together with our own research, to address some of the world’s most pressing and complex challenges. We work in fields from healthcare to energy efficiency, collaborating with experts to build tools to support and improve their work. Collaborating with Google teams, we also apply our cutting edge research to products used by millions of people around the world. These real world applications of AI technology help us work towards one of DeepMind’s purposes - to use intelligence to make the world a better place.
At DeepMind Health, we’re building the next generation of clinical software. Our flagship mobile application, Streams, is already used in hospitals where it’s helping clinicians provide care to their patients now, while also laying the framework to apply DeepMind’s AI research in future.
We’re looking for Software Engineers to join the team, to help us build our iOS & Android applications, our web frontend and the infrastructure that powers Streams. We build with open source technology, using a newly created stack built from Go, Swift, gRPC, Kafka, MySQL, Kubernetes & GCP - we’re open to trying out new things to find the best tool for the job.
Our growing team is based in Mountain View, California, and works closely with our existing London-based team and we're open to considering people with a variety of experience who want to make a difference.
This is not a role that requires Machine Learning experience.
- You’re a passionate backend, iOS, Android or web frontend developer.
- You’re uncomfortably excited about the mounting impact of technology on society, and its ability to solve significant social issues. You’re committed to being part of those difficult changes.
- You’re thrilled to be a part of a multidisciplinary team, working hand-in-hand with our product and design team to understand the problems our users are asking us to solve, and with our clinicians to understand the real world impact of the tradeoffs product design inherently entails.
- You’re as happy writing code with headphones on as you are dropping everything to offer on-site technical support to nurses using our product in the hospital.
- You’re comfortable working with a neighbouring team who colour and flavour their dialogue with unexpected u’s and s’s, but recognise and don’t take offense at others who don’t.
We’re a close-knit family of product & project managers, designers, user researchers, engineers and clinicians. We’ve all made significant personal commitments to our health work, and are committed to working together for the long term. We aim for psychological safety, dependability, empowerment, diversity & inclusion. Some of us are fresh out of university, others helped design the protocol that served you this very page.
DeepMind welcomes applications from all sections of society. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis as protected by applicable law. If you have a disability or additional need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.