Role: Software Engineer - Health (Streams)
Location: Mountain View, California
Salary: Competitive salary applies
Over the past three years we’ve built a team of experts in what it takes to deploy clinical tools in practice - engineers, clinicians, translational researchers and more. In that time, we’ve also made major advances in healthcare AI research: detecting eye disease more quickly and accurately than experts; planning cancer radiotherapy treatment in seconds rather than hours; and working to detect patient deterioration from electronic records.
Our vision is for Streams to now become an AI-powered assistant for nurses and doctors everywhere - combining the best algorithms with intuitive design, all backed up by rigorous evidence. The team working within Google, alongside brilliant colleagues from across the organisation, will help make this vision a reality.
We are looking for a highly talented and driven individuals who want to be part of an exceptional team, work in an inspiring and collaborative environment, and join a company focused on ground-breaking technology with potentially extraordinary impact.
We’re building the next generation of clinical software. Our flagship mobile application, Streams, is already used in hospitals where it’s helping clinicians provide care to their patients now, while also laying the framework to apply AI research in future.
We’re looking for Software Engineers to join the team, to help us build our iOS & Android applications, our web frontend and the infrastructure that powers Streams. We build with open source technology, using a newly created stack built from Go, Swift, gRPC, Kafka, MySQL, Kubernetes & GCP - we’re open to trying out new things to find the best tool for the job.
Our growing team is based in Mountain View, California, and works closely with our existing London-based team and we're open to considering people with a variety of experience who want to make a difference.
This is not a role that requires Machine Learning experience.
- You’re a passionate backend, iOS, Android or web frontend developer.
- You’re uncomfortably excited about the mounting impact of technology on society, and its ability to solve significant social issues. You’re committed to being part of those difficult changes.
- You’re thrilled to be a part of a multidisciplinary team, working hand-in-hand with our product and design team to understand the problems our users are asking us to solve, and with our clinicians to understand the real world impact of the tradeoffs product design inherently entails.
- You’re as happy writing code with headphones on as you are dropping everything to offer on-site technical support to nurses using our product in the hospital.
- You’re comfortable working with a neighbouring team who colour and flavour their dialogue with unexpected u’s and s’s, but recognise and don’t take offense at others who don’t.
We welcome applications from all sections of society. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis as protected by applicable law. If you have a disability or additional need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.