Role: Recruitment Co-ordinator
Location: Mountain View, California
This is a rare opportunity to join a phenomenal team of people in a complex, mission driven company. We are looking for an ambitious person with a passion for working with superstar talent to join our unique high performance culture business - which will continue to grow at pace. Our business has a start-up entrepreneurial culture but operates within a large, high profile global company - so you will need to be flexible and ready for anything.
The Applied Group
Applied builds real-world applications of AI technology. We collaborate with experts to build tools that support and augment their work in fields from healthcare to energy efficiency, and apply our cutting-edge research to help improve Google’s products and services. Drawing on the best available technologies, together with our own original research, we’re making meaningful breakthroughs in addressing some of society’s biggest and most complex challenges.
The Applied Recruitment Team hire an extremely varied number of unique roles - including UX Designers, Clinicians, Partnership Managers, Research Scientists and Software Engineers, and that’s just scratching the surface! We use an ATS called GreenHouse, and we are always open to hearing about new tools to compliment the way we do recruitment.
This is a busy role and you will need to use your previous administration experience and show initiative in order to fully carve out your contribution.
- High-achiever who is searching for a career defining role and company to grow with.
- You are extremely organised and love to schedule everything and anything. You are always one step ahead and people rely on you for your attention to detail and well thought out plans.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment and have proven experience juggling many different tasks, whilst at the same time ensuring impeccable attention to detail and quality outcomes.
- You enjoy spending time with people and being part of a team. You have a natural ability to build relationships with people. You put people at ease, create understanding and instil trust.
- Proactive and solutions-focused; you see what needs to be done and get on with it. You’re always on the lookout for time-saving solutions.
- You are comfortable with ambiguity and enjoy changeable environments where you can implement creative and innovative ideas.
- You have administration experience from a fast-paced environment where you have managed complex bookings/diaries and handed large amounts of data.
- You enjoy variety and have a get stuck in mentality - no task is too big or too small.
- You’re flexible and open to taking weekly early morning meetings with your extended London counterparts.
You’ll be joining a team of Coordinators, Recruitment Specialists and Recruitment Managers and form part of a much wider People & Culture Group. You’ll have a large team to lean on for support and learn from.
Recruitment Coordinators are involved in the entire recruitment lifecycle and candidate experience, supporting recruitment activities to help find work leading talent for the Applied Group. You will be mentored and managed by one of the Recruitment Managers or Specialists.
Key responsibilities include:
- Scheduling high-volume interviews with candidates who are based worldwide (face-to-face and video conference), taking into consideration different time zones and assessment formats
- Meet with and host all candidates and partners, ensuring a smooth and seamless interview experience for all candidates
- Liaise with external partners and manage scheduling via recruitment agencies, providing all necessary information about the role requirements, and details and logistics of interview processes
- Assisting a variety of teams across the business with scheduling, offer processing and on-boarding including contract production
- Answering candidate queries regarding process and offer, not hesitating to go the extra mile to provide useful information to enable them to make informed decisions
- Managing large amounts of confidential data, keeping central systems updated at all times and producing data reports as required
- Preparing interview packs for hiring managers and collating feedback, adhering to data protection guidelines
- Providing an exceptional customer service; ensuring a positive experience for all candidates, new starters and hiring managers
- Supporting with ad hoc projects and proactively suggesting ideas for continuous improvement
DeepMind welcomes applications from all sections of society. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis as protected by applicable law. If you have a disability or additional need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.