This is a rare opportunity to join a phenomenal team of people in a mission driven company. We’re looking for an ambitious person to join our unique people-first business which continues to grow at pace. Our business has a start-up entrepreneurial culture but operates within a large, high profile global company making us uniquely collaborative and mission focussed, as well as highly ambitious.
Founded by Demis Hassabis, Mustafa Suleyman and Shane Legg in 2010, DeepMind’s Mission is to solve intelligence and then use it to make the world a better place.
At DeepMind we've created a unique environment for long-term ambitious research to flourish in. Our world-class interdisciplinary team combines the best techniques from deep learning, reinforcement learning and systems neuroscience to build powerful general-purpose learning algorithms. We have already made a number of high profile breakthroughs towards general AI and as part of Google/Alphabet we now have all the ingredients in place to make further significant progress over the coming years.
As an Operations Analyst within the Research Operations Team, you'll be analysing project management and operational data, and looking for opportunities to optimise and improve process. You can expect a broad range of central project management responsibilities with the common theme of helping others to be more productive. We're looking for a super organised and proactive individual with strong communication skills to interact with a variety of people.
- Highly organised with the ability to juggle multiple priorities
- Experience working in a constantly changing and dynamic environment
- You see what needs to be done and make it happen
- You are self-aware and seek learning opportunities
- Reliable, responsive and resilient to ever-changing and ambiguous objectives
- Good experience and understanding of project and process management practices (agile, waterfall, kanban etc)
- Experienced at building reports and dashboards using AppScript/Java/Python, SQL, HTML/CSS
- Skilled with Sheets/Excel, Content Management Systems, workflow management tools (e.g. JIRA)
This is a role with two core strands - enabling people and program delivery.
- Listen to, support and enable others
- Act as a trusted advisor and provide solutions to support research efforts
- Facilitate opportunities for collaboration and create relevant connections
- Anticipate obstacles before they arise and resolve them
- Understand the needs of the researchers and engineers in the Research Team
- Iron out ambiguity and proactively resolve issues affecting the Research Team
- Maintain up to date documentation on Research Team policies and procedures, and looks for opportunities to improve them where possible
- Identify new project requirements by interviewing stakeholders and staff, develop solutions, and roll them out effectively
- Develop and maintain regular reporting for various stakeholders across the Research Team
- Maintain up-to-date dashboards of ongoing Research Operations and Research Team activities and meticulously track their status
- Anticipate strategic and operational issues before they arise and resolve them
- Attend and diligently notate meetings that span research, strategy and operations
- Provide proactive support to the Program Management Team
- Serve as a tactical team member assisting with ongoing ResOps responsibilities
DeepMind welcomes applications from all sections of society. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis as protected by applicable law. If you have a disability or additional need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.