Role: Recruitment Specialist
Location: Mountain View, California
This is a rare opportunity to join a phenomenal team of people in a complex, mission driven company. We are looking for an ambitious person with a passion for working with superstar talent to join our unique high performance culture business - which will continue to grow at pace. Our business has a start-up entrepreneurial culture but operates within a large, high profile global company - so you will need to be flexible and ready for anything.
The Applied Group
Applied builds real-world applications of AI technology. We collaborate with experts to build tools that support and augment their work in fields from healthcare to energy efficiency, and apply our cutting-edge research to help improve Google’s products and services. Drawing on the best available technologies, together with our own original research, we’re making meaningful breakthroughs in addressing some of society’s biggest and most complex challenges.
The Applied Recruitment Team hire an extremely varied number of unique roles - including UX Designers, Clinicians, Partnership Managers, Research Scientists and Software Engineers, and that’s just scratching the surface!
- You have experience of partnering with senior hiring managers to use all kinds of tools and resources to source the best, most wanted talent in the world.
- Proven ability to consistently and positively contribute in a high-paced, changing work environment with the ability to prioritize multiple functions and tasks and manage time efficiently.
- Experience partnering with senior hiring managers and offering sound advice on candidates, team growth and hiring practices.
- You’ll need to be adaptable and adept at switching contexts constantly.
- You have a consultative, results driven approach to recruitment whilst maintaining a high quality of hires.
- You have experience driving initiatives which improve both candidate and hiring manager experience.
- Excellent analytical skills and consulting experience.
- Using cutting edge recruitment practices and resourcing strategies and have implemented innovative and creative approaches. You are open to new ways of working and are always learning.
- You are extremely organised, used to working at a very fast pace and juggling many different tasks, whilst at the same time ensuring impeccable attention to detail. You’re proactive and see what needs to be done.
- You are comfortable with ambiguity and enjoy changeable environments
- You have a natural ability to build relationships with people. You put them at ease, create understanding and instil trust. Your knowledge and approach means that people actively seek your guidance on finding first class talent.
- You enjoy variety and have a get stuck in mentality - no task is too big or too small.
- Ideally, you will have experience managing Recruitment Coordinators and Sourcers.
This is a newly created role and you will need to use your previous experience and show initiative in order to fully carve out your contribution in our high-performance culture. You will be managed by the Applied Recruitment Manager and work closely with the highly talented Recruitment Team.
- You will be responsible for the organization and details at the launch of candidate searches, as well as utilizing all applicable resources to build initial lists of potential candidates. Initially this role will focus on senior and niche hires, (e.g. Research Scientists, Group Leads, Clinicians)
- You will be developing research strategies, conducting in-depth research and providing short-lists of qualified and interested candidates to the Hiring Managers and the Recruitment team.
- Solve problems and produce solutions by collecting and analyzing data, identifying alternatives when circumstances change and seeking out responsibilities beyond the job.
- Partnering with senior leads within the Applied Group, offering a consultative approach and building strategy for growing teams (some from scratch).
- Creating and improving processes across the whole recruitment lifecycle whilst maintaining high quality candidate experience as well as hires.
- Responsibility and involvement in a variety of projects, which could include Employer Branding, Events, Interview Training, Reporting and many more
- Mentoring and managing a small number of the Applied Recruitment Team.
DeepMind welcomes applications from all sections of society. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis as protected by applicable law. If you have a disability or additional need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.